Summer dresses are cool, breezy, and fun additions to any warm-weather outfit—but what happens when winter arrives? Before you pack away your summer wardrobe, consider styling your dresses so they’ll still work for colder days. Adding layers can easily help you turn your summer dresses into winter outfits.
Here are 3 easy ways to wear your favourite summer dress in winter:
- Use undergarments or slip-on dress underneath
- Layer it with tops, blazers, jackets, or coats
- Wear it with boots
1.Wear a slip-on dress underneath, to add extra warmth. It can add interesting detail and a fun flair to your look! For example, a black slip-on dress (as in the video below) works great with a white sheer summer dress.
2. Wear a warm top, leather jacket or blazer over your dress for an easy solution. Don’t ignore winter clothing staples like loungewear tops just because your summer dress is light and breezy! Wearing your dress with a velvet loungewear top makes it look like you’re wearing a skirt. Also, try to use more than one material in your ensemble so that your outfit looks interesting and doesn’t look too heavy. For instance, if your dress is made out of sheer fabric (as in the video below) or cotton, consider wearing a sweater made out of merino or cable-knit wool for balance purposes. Play around with different combinations of jackets and tops until you find a style that you like.
3. Wear your dress with a pair of your favourite suede or leather boots. To complete the look, pair it with suede knee-high boots for a more formal look or with leather Chelsea boots for a more casual look. It all depends on the occasion.
At the end of the day, we all have a favourite summer dress that we want to wear all the time! Here is how to incorporate it into your Winter wardrobe and enjoy wearing it during colder months. It can be styled in so many ways. Below is the video with some ideas on how I style mine.
Which look is your fave?
Wear your favourite summer dress all year round with our SHOPBOARD winter staples:
1) Belted waist blazer jacket (formal look)
2) Velvet top (casual look)
3) Back leather biker jacket (timeless look)
Head to our SHOPBOARD to shop it now!
Email Natalia@style-and-you.com if you need help styling your winter outfits or need assistance with any of your style goals.
Ps: Forward this blog to your friends and family who like all things style and fashion.
Stylish Wishes XX
Founder of www.style-and-you.com